With the return of spring, we mountaineers come out of our valleys and coves to find much to do. We hope you'll enjoy the many things to do, to see and enjoy in the pages of our beautiful May issue. Here are a few things you will discover as you read each article.
- A trip to Abingdon, VA to enjoy the Virginia Creeper Trail. This article is designed to See, Savor, Stay, and Share the many things this area offers. Some examples are ziplining, biking, museums, panaramic views of NC, VA, & TN from Mt Rogers, restuarants like Pork Bellies, and shops like Damascus General Store.
- Learn how Turtle dogs are assisting in managing the turtle population.
- Herb Festivals, herb butters and oils, and herb recipies.
- Listen to some fiddle music under Fiddling Around.
- Follow the Rhododendren blooms.
- Go tubing with Zen Tubing. (Even a contest on Facebook to win tickets to go Tubing with Zen Tubing, more to come!)
- Enter the world of event planning with Mingle Events creator, Candice Hightower.
So kick up your heels and get busy with all the wonderful things we have to offer to make your May a wonderful month.