Try this mouth watering Garlic, Bacon and Cabbage recipe. Great for these cool Fall nights!
1 head of cabbage
5 slices of thick cut bacon
1 large onion, sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp of ground black pepper
Salt to taste
- Fry the bacon on the stove top or in the oven. Cook the bacon to your own personal preference. Keep the bacon grease and set the bacon to the side.
- Cut up the head of cabbage and put it in large pot. Put enough water in it to cover the cabbage. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the bacon grease in a large skillet and add the onion and garlic. Brown the onion and garlic until it is tender.
- While the onion and garlic are browning, drain all of the water out of the cabbage. Add the cabbage to the skillet of onion and garlic.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until tender. Crumble the bacon and put it on top of the cabbage or mix it in with the cabbage. Enjoy!